DM Blake Presents: Call of Cthulhu - The Masks of Nyarlathotep
Call of Cthulhu on Discord, Vorpal Board
Price per player-session
About the adventure
It’s 1925, and you have been summoned to the Greatest City in the World – New York City – to fulfill the dying wishes of your associate, and friend, Jackson Elias. What happens next places you on a collision course with the cults of an alien god as you investigate the disappearance of an ill-fated archaeological expedition, and uncover a terrible plot on which the fate of the world hinges. The Masks of Nyarlathotep is an epic campaign for Call of Cthulhu that spans the entirety of the globe. As the investigators, you will seek answers to the questions posed by Jackson Elias, search for the remnants of the missing Carlyle Expedition, and attempt to avoid a slow descent into madness as you seek to prevent the cults of Nyarlathotep from enacting the “Great Plan,” and bringing about the consumption of the world!
How to prepare
- Have a working microphone, and a Roll20 account. - A working camera is highly recommended, and appreciated, but not a requirement - Either physical or virtual dice may be used
What I provide
- Access to any and all player handouts, via pdf - Digital maps and floorplans, where necessary - Access to any books that may be needed, via pdf - A wealth of experience in storytelling that will bring a vivid and terrifying world to life
Masks of Nyarlathotep is a game of cosmic horror. As such, there may be elements of the game that are uncomfortable, and dark. Bearing this in mind, each player will receive a link to a Consent checklist, where they will be able to mark what they are and are not uncomfortable with. In addition, at the Session 0, everyone will be provided the opportunity to express any concerns they may have about the game and/or setting.
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Monte Cook RPG Consent Checklist
- Open Door
- Session 0
- Stars and Wishes
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
We will create characters in our Session 0. Character creation may not be for everyone, however, so I will have a selection of pre-generated characters available for you, if you wish to just jump right in!
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Low
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (9)
Find Call of Cthulhu Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.