The Wild Beyond The Witchlight - Full Campaign (beginners welcome)
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Discord, Roll20
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
About the adventure
This is the full campaign going from level 1 to 10 SESSION 0 IS FREE The travelling extravaganza known as the Witchlight Carnival visits your world once every eight years. You have a dim memory of sneaking into the carnival as a child without paying for a ticket. That memory has grown foggy over time, though it still conjures a weird admixture of emotions—wonder and awe mixed with loss and regret. During this childhood visit, your character lost something. You tried to find it, but the carnival owners—a pair of elves named Mister Witch and Mister Light—were decidedly unhelpful. "Silly little screeching cricket," said Witch. "You forgot to buy a ticket." "The carnival goes round and round," said Light. "The multiverse is our playground. Nothing's free and nothing's lost. Every visit has its cost." As time passed, your heart became less heavy, and you gave less and less thought to those childhood events. Now, for reasons you can't explain, the longing to retrieve that which you have lost has resurfaced, as though an old spell has faded away, allowing you to feel the loss as sharply as if it happened yesterday. The Witchlight Carnival has returned, and you find yourself standing near a ticket booth by the entrance at twilight, just as the carnival is about to open. There you meet others who look as troubled as you. Without knowing how or why, you sense that each of them has lost something as well. Perhaps fate has brought you together.
Professional Game Master
8 years as a TTRPG player
7 years as a Game Master
5 games hosted
Brings Access to info from all official d&d 5e books and many 3rd party publications, a Tale Spire account with many assets including a free import of a Hero Forge custom mini, a full campaign log (NPCs, locations, maps, events etc.) on Kanka.io to the table
How to prepare
- Players are required to have a mic and preferably a webcam as well. - Players should be familiar with the general rules for player characters in dnd 5th edition. - Players can bring their character ideas to session 0, and then create them afterwards. - Players will need to have a free Roll20 account and Discord.
What I provide
Players can expect: - A lot of love, prep and detail put into every session - Elaborate character creation and top-notch roleplaying, accents, voices and theatrics - Unique and out-of-the-ordinary fantasy locations, creatures and items - A lot of player agency and your backstory weave into the forefront of the story - Interactive battle maps and tokens. - Music and sound effects. - Custom player tokens I am also providing a full campaign journal/log via Kanka.io where players can see entries and pictures for: - The world - Characters and NPCs - Locations - Maps - Organizations and Families - Calendars and Timelines - Quests - Journals - Items - Events and more...
- Players can expect to follow all the rules as written for the 5th edition. - However, in the event that no one at the table is entirely sure of the exact rule for a situation, I will generally come up with what makes thematic sense at the moment, rather than waste a lot of time looking for the specific rule. - I am also very open to the "rule of cool", especially in regards to players using tools, terrain and environment in creative ways. - I like to speed up combat by using the "on-deck" method, i.e players being prepped for their turn ahead of time. - Combat in my games is also story-driven, as such the descriptions of spells and fighting are colourful and there are often extra elements (terrain, weather, magical effects, traps, time-crunch etc.) that form part of combat encounters. - Most of all, creativity will always be rewarded and fun is always the main goal.
- Alcohol Use
- Character Death
- Drugs (addiction, use, withdrawal)
- Medical Issues
- Memory Erasing
- Mind alteration
Safety tools used
- Monte Cook RPG Consent Checklist
- Open Door
- Session 0
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
- We will discuss the world, setting, lore and character possibilities in session 0 (FREE). After which, you will have enough info to go off and create a character. We will all roll stats during session zero. - If you want to or if we need to discuss some secret information, we can arrange a private one-on-one session (free of charge) to discuss your character in more detail. - The adventure will start at level 1. Players are free to create characters on any platform, as long as you can send me a character sheet in some form. I highly recommend the app; Fight Club 5 by Lion's Den. - I am more than happy to help anyone with character creation if they need it.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (12)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.