TOP GRUNG // D&D 5e in fighter jets 🐸🛩️
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Discord, D&D Beyond, Zoom
Price per player-session
About the adventure
🐸🛩️ Feel the need -- the need for speed! Hop aboard for a rollicking D&D parody adventure, and take to the skies as a bunch of frog aviator pilots. Knowing anything about the film is entirely optional 😂 ***** The world of this campaign is everything you know and love about D&D, but re-skinned as a sun-bleached flight academy 80s, where you will compete to be the best of the best. It's time to pull crazier stunts than Tom Cruise; leap out of planes, try not to croak, and feel the need -- the need for speed! ***** HELLO My name is Davey, and I'm a professional storyteller, actor, writer, music maker with Bards For Hire (linktr.ee/bardsforhire/), theatre maker, and I generally dabble in whatever I can find that isn't a real job. If you're looking for some laughs and some silly action-hero shenanigans, this is the one-shot for you! ***** THINGS TO PREP: 1. (optional) aviator glasses 2. Join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/zrWttF2uU5 - and shoot me a message so I can give you the D&DBeyond link. 3. Create a level 3 character you'd like to see as a fighter pilot! 4. Give them a call sign. 5. Probably volleyball.
How to prepare
1. Have a D&D Beyond account (or create one at www.dndbeyond.com/create-account) 2. Have a working microphone (and preferably a webcam) 3. Once you sign up for the game, I'll walk you through anything else via Discord, and we're ready to play! You are welcome to use physical or digital dice.
What I provide
- My skills as a professional storyteller, actor, and game designer - A decade of DMing experience - Access to the vast majority of D&D Beyond's purchasable content - Custom setting homebrew items and easy-to-use rule sets for your characters - PDF copies of sourcebooks and supplemental materials - A digital battle map - Bullet points!
CHARACTER LEVELS Characters should be created at level 3. The session will start with a quick character-building activity to create a shared backstory between our daring amphibious heroes. And then we'll dive right into the adventure! PLAYER EXPERIENCE This game is open to all levels of play, but AT LEAST BEGINNER FAMILIARITY with D&D is highly encouraged. If you are brand new to the game, you can still join, but an additional session short session beforehand is essential to teach you the basics of the game. During that additional session, I'll go over the rules with you, and have some practice so that we can keep the pacing fast and exciting once the campaign is underway! :) SAFETY TOOLS: Player safety is a BIG THING at my table. Gaming is about play and you can only play if you feel safe! - You will receive a survey in which you can let me know any access or trigger needs before the game. - I will stay on the call for 15 minutes after each session to have a debrief and aftercare with whoever needs it. - X, N, & O cards can be visual, messaged, or communicated in whatever way is easiest for you. - Luxon Technique is available for those who prefer it. - Several other options will also be given in terms of managing content warnings and triggers. I will never ask for justifications for your choices, and you never need to justify your preferences. - Additional safety options are available if requested. I am always available to contact and if there's ever a way I can make the game more enjoyable for you, I'm here for it! NOPE - Roleplaying sexual harassment or abuse will not be tolerated at the table.
Safety tools used
- Luxton Technique
- Monte Cook RPG Consent Checklist
- Open Door
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
Character creation will be hosted on D&D Beyond. All characters should be level 3 (but not have a fly speed)! You are welcome to roll for stats, use standard, or use the point buy system. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help :)
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: High
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (16)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.