Artefact - The Treasure's Story, for Budding DMs
Dungeons & Dragons 5e, ARTEFACT on Discord, Roll20
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
About the adventure
DMs, this is a game for you! It's a world building game where I'll guide you through developing and creating a backstory for an artefact to use in your campaign. I backed it on Kickstarter quite a while ago, and everyone I've run through it has loved it. :-) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You rest, fallen or discarded in the dirt. But your body is not flesh, and you are not mortal. So, you wait. Seasons pass in flashes - cold following heat, rain following drought, death following birth - until one day, your wait is over. Someone lifts you up from the detritus, inspecting you, feeling your weight in their hands. They decide to keep you - they become your Keeper. Through them, you experience the world. You see them undertake great quests, or perhaps commit atrocious sins, all with your aid. You almost forget about the long time you spent in the dark, until, inevitably, you return to it. And then you rest, fallen or discarded in the dirt. You do not know how long you will wait for someone new to arrive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ =============== "Dungeon Doodles" by Filter Forge is licensed with CC BY 2.0. It was modified to include the title. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Professional Game Master
20 years as a TTRPG player
10 years as a Game Master
32 games hosted
Brings A child-like imagination (at least, that’s what the Migos who implanted it in my head called it) to the table
How to prepare
1. We'll need to be able to talk on Roll20 or Discord. You'll need to be able to hear music through Roll20. 2. Ideally I could send you a character sheet to print out ahead of time (or at the beginning of the session) so you could draw, answer questions, and make notes on it. That can all be done on whatever paper or note taking program you like to use for your GM notes too. 3. Choose which of these artefacts you'd like to develop and let me know: THE WEAPON - A tool of war: a blade, axe, or something stranger. THE SHIELD - A bulwark of protection: from towering scuta to deft bucklers. THE INSTRUMENT - Produces musical sounds, conventionally or otherwise. THE ORNAMENT - Jewellery, charms and trinkets: small but potent. THE DECK - A collection of worn cards, an oracle or something stranger. THE FOOTWEAR - Shoes: they are for going places, conventionally or otherwise. THE STAFF - A conduit for magic: a focus for arcane power. THE TOME - A receptacle of knowledge, lost or forbidden. THE AUTOMATON - A self-operating machine, responsive to orders.
What I provide
I'll bring the rules and outline and music (integral to the game). Discord and Roll20 links to follow!
I'll guide you through the game, but almost all the content is generated by you. We'll have an Open Door if you need to take a break, and you can set any lines or veils ahead of time.
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Open Door
How will character creation work
Character creation is ... the entirety of the game! It will play out over six or more periods of reflection on questions I'll have for you as you spend time with and move from one to the next of your "Keepers," as you call the ones who have wielded you throughout the ages.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Low
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Beginner
Player reviews (29)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.