Spelljammer - Adventures in Wildspace (5e)
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Roll20
About the adventure
"While far into the vast unknown, the strong wing'd Eagles bend / Their venturous flight, in Human forms distinct; thro darkness deep / They bear the woven draperies; on golden hooks they hang abroad / The universal curtains & spread out from Sun to Sun / The vehicles of light..." - William Blake, The Four Zoas; "Vala: Night the Second", lines 150 - 154 A 5th edition conversion of the classic Spelljammer modules. Step aboard a space-sailing Galleon into the vast, unknown reaches of the universe to seek adventure and riches. Multitudes of worlds and opportunities encased within crystal spheres float through Wildspace; a turbulent, rainbow ocean that fills the cosmos. Encounter dangerous aberrations, fantastic ships, and and worlds both new and familiar.
How to prepare
Please have a microphone ready to use. Camera is optional!
What I provide
Additional feats, spells, and rulesets to play in Spelljammer. A mildly chaotic chart to generate new spheres and planets as exploration progresses. I have Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything on hand to reference! More than happy to convert your character sheet to a form-fillable PDF to have on-hand outside of roll20 if you'd like to print it off!
* Story-driven gameplay. Your characters' personal tales will develop as the plot advances. * 'Landing Crew'-based play. House multiple allies, characters, and passengers, aboard your vessel as you traverse the universe. * The initial story is semi-linear, but you’ll still find reactionary play and consequences to the decisions you make. Make meaningful choices throughout the course of the campaign, even from the beginning. Past the initial series of quests that introduce you and your party to the Spelljammer, we'll move forward to open world exploration.
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
Character creation is based out of Faerun's core races (PHB) and classes; with Artificer and Blood Hunter available as class choices. Any published subclasses are allowed; if something comes up via UA, it will be a case-by-case basis. For those seeking to take part in 'building a crew' once the initial quest is complete, Volos Guide to Monsters, and Tasha's Cauldron racial rules will be allowed. We'll arrange a session 0 prior to gameplay to get to know one another and build characters together. (no charge for session 0!)
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (48)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.