Save the Kingdom, Save the World | New Player Friendly | Beginner Friendly
Dungeons & Dragons 5e, Level Up Advanced 5th Edition on Discord, Foundry VTT
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
About the adventure
🏰 A three-fold quest. Face a dragon, outwit a vampire, and challenge a fiend in this thrilling saga. 🗺️ Adventure across Elissar. From tranquil villages to sinister forests, traverse a world brimming with danger and intrigue. ⚔️ New foes and challenges. Confront over 75 new monsters and overcome almost 40 perilous exploration trials. 🧙♂️ Master ancient artifacts. Arm yourself with powerful relics and weapons, your best hope for survival. In the quaint village of Hengistbury, you find yourself on the cusp of a grand saga that spans the expansive land of Elissar. A dragon stirs in the shadow of Skull Mountain, and destiny calls you to stand against its fiery wrath. Through treacherous forests and encounters with deceptive fey, every challenge brings you closer to the ultimate confrontation. But the dragon is just the beginning. A sinister vampire scheme brews in the shadows, promising an age of darkness. You must brave haunted settlements and complex dungeons to stop this evil at its source. Yet, the true test of your heroism lies ahead. The climax of your quest brings an unforeseen challenge—a hellish nightmare threatens to consume the countryside, putting all of Elissar at risk. Can you stand against this darkness and protect your homeland from devastation? In "To Save A Kingdom", you're more than an adventurer—you're the last hope against overwhelming odds. Will you rise to the challenge and save Elissar?
Professional Game Master
Josh | Brighthall Tavernhe/him
17 years as a TTRPG player
16 years as a Game Master
250 games hosted
Brings Player's Handbook, Curse of Strahd, Volo's Guide to Monsters, The Tortle Package, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, Fizban's Treasure of Dragons, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, and The Wild Beyond the Witchlight on D&D Beyond. I also have a number of high quality animated maps and tokens that I use in my games whenever possible. to the table
How to prepare
You will need a microphone and stable internet. You will also need Discord. You can find discord at http://www.discord.com We will be using FoundryVTT to run the game. This should run just fine on most computers. If you run into any issues we can enable some options that should help the game run even more smoothly. This will be tested during Session 0. FoundryVTT will be hosted on the Forge and runs in the browser so no installation is necessary. Links to the campaign will be provided to the group during Session 0. We will be using some custom content for the campaign. Level Up: Advanced 5e content is available and we will be using that system in Foundry, but all normal 5e content is compatible with the system if that is the route you would like to go.
What I provide
- High-quality animated maps and tokens for all encounters (if possible, animated tokens and maps aren't always available, but I do my best to track them down). - The following books on D&D Beyond: Player's Handbook, Curse of Strahd, Volo's Guide to Monsters, The Tortle Package, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, Lineages, The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. - This campaign also uses the Level Up: Advanced 5e rules, all needed books, and resources are provided as part of the game wiki along with the campaign's Player's Guide. - If your character needs a feature from a book I do not already own then I will be happy to purchase one or two as necessary. This is a to-be-determined benefit and may not always be available. - Discord Server to manage group communications out of the game. - I also offer high-quality resin printed miniatures created from Hero Forge for players of at least 5 sessions with me! An additional charge may be necessary for shipping outside of the U.S.. Check with me for more details.
The adventure "To Save a Kingdom" depicts scenes of violence, coarse language may be spoken around the table, and some mature subject matter may be broached. All Safety Tools and Lines and Veils will be strictly enforced. If you have any questions about these tools or any concerns about the content of the adventure please let me know as soon as possible (either in-game during play or out). Your comfort is the most important thing to me as a DM. If you have any other safety tools or requests that you would like to see at the table please let me know before the start of the game (or session) so I can make sure to have these tools ready (and researched properly if I am unfamiliar) before the start of the game.
- Alcohol Use
- Character Death
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Luxton Technique
- Luxton Technique Discussion
- Monte Cook RPG Consent Checklist
- Open Door
- Session 0
- Stars and Wishes
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
Players joining before the start of the campaign will create characters during a Session 0 where we will meet and discuss the campaign and expectations for the experience. If players are new to the game this is also where we will go over the basics of Roleplaying and Tabletop Games in general. I will also have pre-gen characters available if necessary at the start of all games for any players who may be dropping in or out. In addition to the normal character creation stuff, we will jump straight into the adventure after finishing a full four-hour first session (if time allows)! If joining after Session 0 then we will talk via discord before the player's first session to discuss the current party makeup and ensure that the new character fits well within the existing group. We will also discuss our tables safety tools. If one does not desire to (or doesn't have time) to create a character then pre-gen characters will be available as stated above.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (23)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.