Mythic Odysseys of Theros: No Silent Secret
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on D&D Beyond, Discord, Roll20
About the adventure
WELCOME TO THEROS: Living gods, mythical monsters and heroic quests await you! This is a safe space for all types of players, so gather your family/friends and let's play D&D! The first session will be focused on creating and understanding the mechanics of your greek-myth inspired character, with race options being unique to this campaign. Choose from the adaptable Humans, or consider creating a cunning Centaur, lion-like Leonin, fearsome Minotaur, revelrous Satyr, or aquatic Triton! There are also two Subclass options (along with Classes and Subclasses from the core Player’s Handbook options) for the Theros setting: The Bard College of Eloquence, and the Paladin, Oath of Glory. Your character will also start with one Supernatural Gift: something that sets you apart from the common citizen. Are you one blessed with a Heroic Destiny—someone who’s destiny is hard to be denied? An Anvilwrought—sentient machine created from the fires of the forge god? An Oracle—one gifted with clear communication to the gods and their wills? Work with me to decide on your character’s Gift. After character creation is complete, we will begin as citizens of the polis of Setessa, set in a beautiful paradise populated mostly by women and children. The Nessian wood surrounds this slice of paradise, but your characters will soon find out about the threats lurking in the shadows. You will be tasked with investigating strange occurrences in and around the city and protecting the polis. This listing is part of an experiment of an ambitious scale: our campaign will be set in a Living Theros where multiple Parties and DMs are collaborating in a shared instance of the world. The actions performed by one party could ripple out and affect other parties in the game! Join us and become a part of this awesome experience and interact by proxy! (Involved Game Masters are Jordan Legros, Luc Demoulin, and myself) WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Grab your sword, don your helmet, say a quick prayer, and venture into the mythical world of Theros!
How to prepare
Players should have basic knowledge of D&D 5e, though I will gladly guide you and be able to reference resources regarding the rules. We will be using Discord for audio (video optional) communication, roll20 for maps and token control, and/or dndbeyond for character sheet management. All three of these resources have free account access. In my personal opinion, DnDBeyond has a more user-friendly character sheet layout, but the players will need to have the appropriate extensions installed to integrate it into roll20 OR the ability to incorporate and command the AVRAE bot in discord. Real dice can be rolled on the honors system, but please be prepared to do fast math.
What I provide
Maps, encounters, storylines, and the official D&D resources necessary for gameplay including but not limited to a hard-copy of the book "Mythic Odysseys of Theros" which I'll be using, along with the PHB, XGE, extra materials, and rule books.
The player will need to have working and reliable internet for these games. We will be using Discord for audio (video optional) communication, roll20 for maps and token control, and/or dndbeyond for character sheet management. All three of these resources have free account access. Gameplay will consist of the players taking turns responding to scenarios and situations given by the GM as their characters in a fictitious world. We will be role playing A LOT. Character voices are optional as you interact with the world, but please be clear when you are speaking in character and when you are “out of character” to avoid confusion. You should always plan to describe what your character would like to do/say/accomplish, and then let the DM (oftentimes with the assistance of a roll) tell you what happens next. Be a kind and cooperative team player that shares the spotlight. > BOOKS SUGGESTED (Digital or on-hand, available for reference in DM's compendium upon booking) Player’s Handbook (5e) Mythic Odysseys of Theros Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
* Make sure you have a Discord account, *a roll20 account, *a character concept or an open mind before we build, and *access to your prospective Character Sheet (in roll20 or dndbeyond -- please communicate with Katie for resource access and assistance). For brand new players, I strongly suggest using dndbeyond or the charactermancer in roll20, as filling out a character sheet on your first session is very overwhelming. Alternatively, you can ask me to create a character for you. Level one is fairly basic for all races/classes, and by the time you reach level 2, you will have a better understanding of what your character can do and how they would want to grow. If you are more experienced with character making, you can build your own character with access to my compendium. If you prefer another method, please communicate with your DM. - We will be using D&D 5e rules, with the Core Player’s Handbook for Classes, Subclasses, Backgrounds, Core Rules, and the Human Race option. - Subclasses from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything are acceptable too. - Non-human Races will include the Races from the Mythic Odysseys of Theros book: Centaurs, Leonin, Minotaur, Satyr, or Triton. - Please do not use Races such as Elves and Dwarves that are non-native to this realm. These restrictions are in place to make transition from one Dungeon Master to another easier, not to restrict Player creativity. - Standard array or point buy is acceptable, with class equipment (be mindful of your proficiencies!) - I recommend referencing RPGBot.net for quick suggestions on optimized character building. Please let me know if you have questions about character creation. Materials (such as information from the MOoT book, or rules on character abilities) can be accessed through the roll20 compendium in our game and/or on dndbeyond.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Intermediate
Player reviews (45)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.