DM-Ethan's Advent of the Mother God
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Discord, Theater of the Mind, Tableplop
About the adventure
This is a homebrew adventure taking us all the way from level 1 to level 12. At level 12, there's an option to continue all the way to 20 or start a new campaign. This game is in the Silver Marches area of the Forgotten Realms (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Luruar/) and we're around the same time period as the most recent WotC published adventure paths. Sightings of strange beasts, storm clouds obscuring the sky, and tales of divine magic failing are some of the major rumors floating around. This is a bit of a sandbox to start, with lots of opportunity to roleplay with NPCs and your fellow party members. We'll have dungeons here and there, lots of small-scale, intense, tactical battles on battlemaps, and some theater of the mind non-combat encounters. The main drives this campaign is suited for are: * narrative-focused * challenging but fair combat * freedom of expression * lose yourself in a fantasy world
How to prepare
Sign up first required Voice only for Discord (invitation after signing up) Login (free) to the TablePlop.com virtual tabletop (invitation after signing up) Send character sheet to DM before first session (e.g. pdf, dndbeyond link, scan of hand-written notes, etc.)
What I provide
When you game with me, you can expect believable NPCs with their own goals, voice, ideals, and (sometimes) issues. Your success and failures will be based on YOUR choices. You can expect a compelling, typically time-sensitive, overarching narrative that will be revealed piece by piece as you advance in levels and uncover more and more secrets. But you will have to balance that with a littering of side-quests, red-herrings, optional dungeons, character arcs, and legendary treasures/locations. You’ll have voiced NPCs, background music for added immersion (or you can mute it), hand-drawn maps, fantastical locations, universe-moving plots, and a healthy dose of challenging, dynamic combat.
- homebrew, high stakes adventures - homebrew monsters & NPCs - Living world that responds to the players actions - Tie in character backstories whenever able/requested - Challenging, dynamic combat (run up and swing for 3 rounds? You won’t find that here) - GOOD and/or RELUCTANT heroes - I really cheer for the PC’s successes, not so much when they’re evil murderers - Level 1 to probably around 12-15, then we can look at either continuing high-level, or starting fresh - Very knowledgeable of 5e rules (by heart), happy to teach, and I tend to err on the side of the players
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
- 5E, level 1 start, standard array (NEW CHARACTERS WE ARE @ LEVEL THREE NOW) - Materials: WOTC-published, homebrew on case-by-case basis
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (17)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.