Brighthall Tavern presents Curse of Strahd
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Foundry VTT
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
About the adventure
Explore the dark twisted world of Ravenloft in this adventure filled with dread - Curse of Strahd for Dungeons and Dragons 5e. I've been really excited to run this campaign since it came out and have had some of my most fun adventures take place in dark and twisted environments. Adventure Synopsis - Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner—and you are invited. A fantasy-horror adventure for characters levels 1-10, Curse of Strahd provides everything a Dungeon Master needs to create an exciting and memorable play experience.
Professional Game Master
Josh | Brighthall Tavernhe/him
17 years as a TTRPG player
16 years as a Game Master
241 games hosted
Brings Player's Handbook, Curse of Strahd, Volo's Guide to Monsters, The Tortle Package, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, Fizban's Treasure of Dragons, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, and The Wild Beyond the Witchlight on D&D Beyond. I also have a number of high quality animated maps and tokens that I use in my games whenever possible. to the table
How to prepare
You will need a microphone and stable internet. You will also need Discord. You can find discord at http://www.discord.com We will be using FoundryVTT to run the game. This should run just fine on most computers. If you run into any issues we can enable some options that should help the game run even more smoothly. This will be tested during Session 0. FoundryVTT will be hosted on the Forge and runs in the browser so no installation is necessary. Links to the campaign will be provided to the group during Session 0. A campaign will be made available on D&D Beyond so you can make use of the books I have purchased. I would prefer if you use the dice in FoundryVTT, but if you would prefer to roll dice in person that is fine.
What I provide
- High-quality animated maps and tokens for all encounters (if possible, animated tokens and maps aren't always available, but I do my best to track them down). - The following books on D&D Beyond: Player's Handbook, Curse of Strahd, Volo's Guide to Monsters, The Tortle Package, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, Lineages, The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. - If your character needs a feature from a book I do not already own then I will be happy to purchase one or two as necessary. This is a to-be-determined benefit and may not always be available. - Discord Server to manage group communications out of the game. - I also offer high-quality resin printed miniatures created from Hero Forge for players of at least 5 sessions with me! An additional charge may be necessary for shipping outside of the U.S.. Check with me for more details.
"Curse of Strahd" depicts scenes of violence, coarse language may be spoken around the table, and some mature subject matter may be broached. We will be using the Veils, Lines, and the X-Card tabletop safety tools at the table and these will be strictly enforced. If you have any questions about these tools or any concerns about the content of the adventure please let me know as soon as possible (either in-game during play or out). Your comfort is the most important thing to me as a DM. If you have any other safety tools or requests that you would like to see at the table please let me know before the start of the game (or session) so I can make sure to have these tools ready (and researched properly if I am unfamiliar) before the start of the game.
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Open Door
- Session 0
- Stars and Wishes
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
Players joining before the start of the campaign will create characters during a Session 0 where we will meet and discuss the campaign and expectations for the experience. If players are new to the game this is also where we will go over the basics of Roleplaying and Tabletop Games in general. I will also have pre-gen characters available if necessary at the start of all games for any players who may be dropping in or out. If joining after Session 0 then we will talk via discord before the player's first session to discuss the current party makeup and ensure that the new character fits well within the existing group. We will also discuss our tables safety tools. If one does not desire to (or doesn't have time) to create a character then pre-gen characters will be available as stated above.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (23)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.