Tomb of Annihilation - Full Campaign (Fridays)
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Discord, Roll20
Price per player-session
Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Number of players: 2 to 6 players
Experience required: Open to all
About the adventure
Full Campaign going from level 1 to 11 Imagine knowing for certain that your soul lives on after death - now imagine knowing that all departed souls are being trapped by someone or something for an unknown, but undoubtedly sinister purpose. Unable to be respun into the weave, or reach their destined afterlives. This is the so-called Death Curse. A wasting disease afflicting everyone who’s ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied. When they finally succumb, they can’t be raised—and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they’ve ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region of Akube, and possibly the entire world. Jungles, Dinosaurs, Pirates, Vampire Conquistadors, Ancient Ruins and Strange Technologies. A blend of whimsy, wonder, gritty existential dread and primal grandeur. My spin on this epic d&d adventure, set in the homebrew world of Akube, draws a lot of inspiration from African, South/Meso American, South East Asian and Polynesian myths, legends and monsters.
How to prepare
- Players are required to have a mic and preferably a webcam as well. I prefer for us all to see each other. - Players should be familiar with the general rules for player characters in dnd 5th edition. - Players will need to have a free Roll20 account and Discord.
What I provide
Players can expect: - A lot of love, prep and detail put into every session - Elaborate character creation and top-notch roleplaying, accents, voices and theatrics - Unique and out-of-the-ordinary fantasy locations, creatures and items - A lot of player agency and your backstory weave into the forefront of the story - Interactive battle maps and tokens - Artboard for locations, items and NPCs - Music and sound effects. - Custom player tokens
- Session 0 and character creation will be done over group and private chat on discord - Players can expect to follow all the rules as written for the 5th edition. - However, in the event that no one at the table is entirely sure of the exact rule for a situation, I will generally come up with what makes thematic sense at the moment, rather than waste a lot of time looking for the specific rule. - I am also very open to the "rule of cool", especially in regards to players using tools, terrain and environment in creative ways. - I like to speed up combat by using the "on-deck" method, i.e players being prepped for their turn ahead of time. - Combat in my games is also story-driven, as such the descriptions of spells and fighting are colourful and there are often extra elements (terrain, weather, magical effects, traps, time-crunch etc.) that form part of combat encounters. - Most of all, creativity will always be rewarded and fun is always the main goal.
Safety tools used
- Monte Cook RPG Consent Checklist
- Open Door
- Session 0
How will character creation work
- I will discuss the world, setting, lore and character possibilities privately with each player on Discord. After which, you will have enough info to go off and create a character. - The adventure will start at level 1. Players are free to create characters on any platform, as long as you can send me a character sheet in some form. I highly recommend the app; Fight Club 5 by Lion's Den. - I am more than happy to help anyone with character creation if they need it.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: High
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (15)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.