The Nine Kings of Isald, Part I
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Above VTT, D&D Beyond, Discord
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
About the adventure
Our dark fantasy journey begins in a blood-stained kingdom, a realm corrupted by perpetual conflict under the iron fist of a tyrant. Starting from the perilous depths of a dismal dungeon, you will escape into full-throated rebellion and uncover a conspiracy to assassinate the king - and potentially join in on the plot. Every victory, every setback, every alliance will send ripples across the kingdom, influencing not only your destiny but the fate of an entire realm. This is a story of rebellion; a struggle against an authoritarian rule, against unyielding chains of oppression, and against a monarch whose bloodlust has led his kingdom into the depths of desolation. You are the forerunners of change, the bearers of the spark of revolution. Each decision you make will shape the course of this grand tale. Even in darkness, there is hope. Our brief campaign spans just 10 sessions of nonstop action and intrigue. By the end, one group will be deposed: the King ... or you.
Professional Game Master
7 years as a TTRPG player
7 years as a Game Master
7 games hosted
Brings thousands of hours of experience in graphic design and art, hundreds of hours of experience in DNDBeyond, AboveVTT, and Discord, access to all books on DNDBeyond, character backstory implementation and integration, emotional storylines that carry weight, balance of challenging sessions and "beach" episodes, high quality maps and images, voice work for NPCs, and everything you need to have an amazing time to the table
How to prepare
- Microphone required. - DNDBeyond account required. - When you sign up for the campaign, you will receive an invite to the Discord server where we'll be hosting our Session Zero.
What I provide
- Own nearly all books on DNDBeyond and will enable content sharing for this campaign - Extensive Discord knowledge, including webhooks, custom bots, music, and more - Does character voices, sound effects, and other immersive effects - High-quality maps from Czepeku and others, as well as custom-drawn maps using DungeonScrawl - Over 500 hours of DMing across many different games, systems, and play groups - 15 years of graphic design and art expertise, resulting in high quality aesthetics and imagery
In Session Zero, we will go over the following: ⚙️ SETTINGS ⚙️ 1) Installing AboveVTT and other applications 2) Ensuring correct roles and settings are applied to players in Discord 📜 CAMPAIGN BACKGROUND & OVERVIEW 📜 1) The 60-second pitch for the campaign. 2) Where the player characters come in. 3) What we will / won't be covering. 🧰 SAFETY TOOLS 🧰 1) Lines and Veils, which will all live in our "lines-veils" channel. 2) X, N, and O emojis, which can be used in our "Status" channel. 3) Stars and Wishes through our "stars-wishes" channel. 👥 CHARACTER CREATION 👥 1) Creating the characters as a group (using PHB, XGtE, and TCoE) on DNDBeyond. 2) Developing connections between the party members. 🎲 INTRODUCTORY MINI SESSION 🎲 1) Introducing the characters in the fiction. 2) A mini encounter for the characters to get their bearings before the campaign officially begins.
- Alcohol Use
- Animal Death
- Character Death
- Lifechanging Injury
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Session 0
- Stars and Wishes
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
During Session Zero, we will be making our characters. If you would prefer to have a pregenerated character, I have five detailed options that fit the campaign and setting with little to no work necessary on your end.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: High
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Beginner
Player reviews (9)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.