So Below: Character Generation Workshop
Pathfinder 2e on Foundry VTT
Price per player-session
Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Number of players: 2 to 6 players
Experience required: Open to all
About the adventure
This is a free Pathfinder 2nd Edition Character Generation workshop, intended to get you ready to play So Below, found here: https://startplaying.games/adventure/clcpkt1z4000208jrbuox1on0 The world was supposed to end in the final battle...but it didn't. Now, the world is dying: fields weren't farmed, forges were left cold, even the Gods derelicted their duty. It's up to heroes like YOU to forge a new path through exploration and struggle! So Below is a West Marches-style campaign, played by a large group of people who are all exploring the world of Glüm together. Parties set out from the village of Sigur into the wilderness of Gol-Kasha, uncovering sinister plots, terrible monsters, glittering treasures, and mysteries from beyond time, all in the hopes of building a new home on the edges of civilisation. Do you have what it takes to drag the freefolk back from the brink of annihilation? Join the adventure TODAY!
How to prepare
- You will need a functional webcam, microphone, and stable internet connection. - A Discord account is advised, but not necessary for play. - If you have a portrait for your Character (an image you have the rights to use), please send it to the GM before the session, otherwise a stand-in can be used. - Knowledge of Pathfinder 2nd Edition is helpful, but not required! - All dice rolling / character sheet management is taken care of by the virtual tabletop, Foundry!
What I provide
- Nothing! Everything is provided for you!
So Below is a game about exploring an unknown landscape, full of monsters and threats from weather and the like. It is a dangerous world, and the players should expect to see their Characters come to harm if they aren't careful. But the PLAYERS should never come to harm. Each Session uses a standard set of Lines & Veils which are sent to players beforehand, with additions/alterations that can be added on request (no questions asked). These changes will be addressed at the beginning of the Session. During each Session, players can message the group, or the GM privately with an "X" meaning that play takes a pause, and we reconfigure any details that are uncomfortable. There is also the option of messaging the GM privately after each Session to debrief, if required. The GM will ask if anyone wants to talk things through after XP is given out. Stars & Wishes are very much encouraged on the So Below Discord, which will be linked to at the end of each Session.
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Stars and Wishes
- X, N, and O Cards
How will character creation work
This workshop is intended to get your ready to play in So Below, during which we will make Characters and discuss the themes of the game. New Characters begin at Level 1, with all Character options from the Core Book available.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (8)
Find Pathfinder 2e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.