Against The Slavelords
Dungeons & Dragons B/X, OSR Games on Discord, Foundry VTT, Theater of the Mind
About the adventure
This is an adaptation for Old School Rules / early D&D Basic Rules of the classic Slavelords module series. As we're going back to the roots of D&D, we will operate with a pretty classic set-up, both designed to recall the old, slightly dated adventure hooks of the early days, and also bringing things down... well, to the basics (pun intended). There are no fancy 5e character races like Tieflings, Aasimar, or other Dragonborns involved here, as we will be going back to the early days of the game, in a campaign set in the World of Greyhawk. Expect dark dungeons, evil slavers, hired retainers and possible PC death. P.s: oh, and Rogues ? Yes YOU, Rogues ! (sorry, THIEVES) -> don't forget your Hand Mirror, Ball Bearings and your Ten-Foot Pole. You know the drill. P.p.s: and casters, no cantrips for you. Yup, there I said it.
How to prepare
All players will need an account on Discord, internet connection and a working microphone. If you wish to have access to the Basic D&D (B/X) rules, I can provide you with a digital copy (in pdf format). Basic knowledge of the rules and VTTs previous to game day will be useful but not obligatory.
What I provide
I will prepare the session to the best of my abilities, including atmospheric sounds and illustrations, battlemaps etc. If needed I can provide you with a choice of portraits / tokens for your character before the game.
We will be using Discord for voice and FOUNDRY VTT to have our characters exploring a traditional dungeon map. Expect a classic start for a classic old-school campaign: the characters will start at Level 2 and progress through a story arc inspired from Basic Rules and AD&D published adventure series, with a personal twist from thy DM... of course. (-; SAFETY TOOLS: Tools like 'Lines & Veils' will be implemented during Session Zero, with reiterated check-ins during the campaign whenever needed. Further safety / communicational methods can be added according to players' needs.
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Session 0
How will character creation work
- Characters will start at level 2. - I can provide pre-generated characters for those who wish to use them. - 2 different methods for rolling your stats will be explained in our Discord server. No Point Buy ! - I will accompany your character creation if you feel the need to prepare one beforehand (see 'Session 0' below). SESSION 0 / NEW PLAYERS: I can provide a pre-game session (usually known as Session Zero) - if you enter in mid-campaign this can happen a few days previous to the next session, so that those who wish to can become familiar both with Foundry use and the old-school D&D rules and/or choose/create their character. Please if interested send me a message here on the site or contact me (add friend) on Discord AshDrunbar#3628 at least 48 hours before game day.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: Low
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Intermediate
Player reviews (25)
Find Dungeons & Dragons B/X Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.