Heroes of Llyr
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Discord, Roll20
About the adventure
About the setting: The kingdom of Llyr covers a vast territory with valleys, mountains, forests, About the game: The setting and story for this campaign are homebrewed but all mechanics run with official rules only. The story is be centered on the player characters so each can have an arc that affects the world they are in. Character Creation: - Source Books: PHB, XGtE, SCAG, TCoE, and Eberron (the content will be provided after joining the table). - Platforms: Discord (voice), Roll20 (VTT), DndBeyond (Character Creation). - Campaign Levels: 1-5 (for the first arc, this will be updated as characters progress). - Variant Encumbrance rule. - Starting equipment. - Fixed/Average Hit Point System. - Characters start with 1 free feet at level 1 (no variant human). - Ability scores can be set with standard array, point buy, traditional dice rolls (roll 4d6, drop 1), or with an optional house rule for higher average scores (roll 3d6, drop 1 and replace it with a flat 6). - Progression system: Milestones.
How to prepare
- Think about the hero you want to create and the things you want them to accomplish. - Think about the tone and elements you'd like to see in the adventure (wizard duels, vampires, ships and pirates, giant labyrinths, cyberpunk spaceships, zombie apocalypse, romance, etc.) or avoid (wizard duels, vampires, ships and pirates, giant labyrinths, cyberpunk spaceships, zombie apocalypse, romance, etc.). - It always helps to be familiar with the source books but that is not necessary.
What I provide
- Source books. - Maps. - Token.
During a session, you and your party will make face choices that will affect them and the people (NPCs) they know. There will be exploration, social encounters, problem-solving, combat, and treasure! How combat heavy or roleplay heavy the game is up to the players. Based on their backstories and goals, the adventure will unfold and characters will decide where to go, who to speak to, and what to do. And deal with the consequences of their choices. The game is run on Roll20 and Discord.
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
- Campaigns usually start at level 1, but depending on the group, that can be set differently. - Players can choose any character class/race/backstory they want, working out the details so they fit the setting properly. - During a one-on-one session 0 with each player, we'd discuss character motivations, relationships, goals, and go over the setting and game mechanics. This will determine the outline of the character's arc and possible challenges they will face during the adventure. The idea is to find the right hooks and reasons for them to go out into the world and join a party of heroes.
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: None
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.