DROW HARD: Three Levels of Sheer Adventure!
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Roll20, Zoom, Theater of the Mind
About the adventure
The Nagatomi Cloning Facility is one of the most prestigious research centers in all the world. Thanks to its countless innovations, the people of the world have better health, better technology, and an overall better quality of life. The facility’s current director, Josefina Takagi, has once again led her team through a year of triumphant breakthroughs. And now, with the winter festival just around the corner, she’s throwing a party for her team. Just as everyone was settling in, a band of drow terrorists led by the cruel Hanna G’rubr entered the complex and took all 33 party-goers hostage, including Josefina Takagi. Armed with poisoned weapons and explosive wands of fireballs, no one dared to oppose G’rubr and her fellow drow. Little did G’rubr know, a seasoned adventurer was in the master suite changing when the drow broke in. Free of their weaponry, the adventurer hid while the drow terrorists passed, taking to the facility's air duct network. Now it’s one adventurer against thirteen well-armed drow warriors.
How to prepare
- I would *strongly* recommend watching DIE HARD before the session. Quoting the movie appropriately shall be rewarded with inspiration. - Players will need a webcam, a microphone, and a strong internet connection to participate. - Familiarity with the D&D 5E rules is strongly recommended. Especially combat and tactics. - Interested players can use the Beyond20 extension for Chrome or Firefox to integrate their D&D Beyond character sheet into the VTT.
What I provide
I will provide the links to D&D Beyond, Zoom, and/or Roll20 in order to run the game. Players who request pre-gen characters are welcome to export the sheets in PDF format after the game and use them in future adventures!
Drow Hard is a solo Fifth Edition game for one 5th-to-6th level character. If more players wish to play, they can take the parts of the opposition. A character who successfully completes this adventure should earn enough experience to gain the 6th level. Although this adventure is intended to be a stand-alone adventure, it’s possible to insert this adventure into a larger campaign with a few minor adjustments. This might work especially well on game nights where only one player and the GM can show up and they both still want to enjoy a game. If you can’t tell by the subject matter, this adventure is inspired by the classic holiday/action film Die Hard. Watching the film before you run this module may help you get a better feel for the action and how it should be run.
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
This adventure is designed for a single level 5 character. I prefer to use D&D Beyond and integrate it into Roll20 with the Beyond20 extension, but players are welcome to set up their sheets in Roll20 directly. A pre-generated character is available upon request! Also, for anyone else who would like to join in, NPCs shall be provided. Don't get too attached to them. ;)
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: High
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Intermediate
Player reviews (4)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.