Curse of Strahd - Barovian Nightmares
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on D&D Beyond, Roll20
About the adventure
"I thought the nightmares were a symptom of their madness. It turns out they were the cause..." ~ Dr. Gregorian Illhousen Curse of Strahd - Barovian Nightmares is a homebrewed modification of the original campaign adding more depth and options for players to choose from. The players will need to navigate the horrific dangers that engulf the land by finding allies from the different factions, be they good or evil. Elements from MandiMod and DragnaCarta, as well as a ton of personal homebrew modifications bring the Curse of Strahd like you've never experienced it before. Featuring HD maps from Beneos Battlemaps converted by Sunset Hollow Gaming for Roll20. Will you join The Keepers of the Feather and their allies to bring back the light? Will be tempted to the forces of darkness and join with the Cult of Osybus or The Barovian Witches to free Strahd of his curse? Or will you bargain with the Dark Powers to achieve your own goals? The choices are yours, but choose carefully, there are many fates worse than death in this land. Features: * Shorter 3 hour sessions to fit your busy schedule * Animated and HD Maps and Scenes by Beneos Battlemaps with Dynamic Lighting and Animated Effects added by Sunset Hollow Gaming for Roll20. * APIs that let you move your token freely between floors/maps and reveal clues. * Dedicated private Discord Channel for game announcements, roleplaying, and player discussions. * A campaign where your character's story and their development is just as important as the overall plot. * Community supported D&D Beyond with all the latest options for character creation.
How to prepare
Required: • Free account on Roll20 • Free account on D&D Beyond • Free Discord account • Join the free Sunset Hollow Gaming Discord Community • A good microphone/headset for voice chat Recommended: Chrome or Firefox w/ the Beyond20 Browser Extension/Add-On
What I provide
* Curse of Strahd HD Maps by Beneos Battlemaps with Dynamic Lighting and Animated Effects added by Sunset Hollow Gaming for Roll20. * APIs that let you move your token freely between floors/maps, open/close doors, and reveal clues. * Dedicated private Discord Channel for game announcements, roleplaying, and player discussions. * A campaign where your character's story and their development is just as important as the overall plot. * D&D Beyond with all the latest options for character creation and Avrae Discord Bot integration.
Book of the Raven uses multiple genres of horror from Gothic to Body to Psychological horror. Characters may experience vivid nightmares, mental breakdowns, and encounter xenophobic and biased people, cultures, and religions. This is a LGBTQ+ safe space.
- Alcohol Use
- Body Horror
- Child Abuse
- Child Death
- Drugs (addiction, use, withdrawal)
- Mind alteration
Safety tools used
- Lines and Veils
- Luxton Technique Discussion
- Open Door
- Session 0
How will character creation work
D&D Beyond Campaign link will be provided upon acceptance for character creation. D&D Beyond will be where you keep track of inventory and background. You will need to also create the character in Roll20 with at least these elements: Ability Scores/Saves, HP, AC, and Skills. Sources: Homebrew Content, Critical Role Content, Magic: The Gathering Content, Non-Core Content Optional Features: Optional Class Features, Customize Your Origin Advancement Type: Milestone Use Prerequisites: Feats, Multi-class Requirements Encumbrance Type: Use Encumbrance / Ignore Coin Weight Ability Scores: Standard Array
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: Medium
- Roleplay: High
- Puzzles: Medium
- Experience Level: Open to all
Player reviews (11)
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.