A Star Over Talisar
Dungeons & Dragons 5e on Roll20
About the adventure
You and your adventuring companions arrived in Talisar earlier today to compete in the annual skills competition. You are socializing with this year’s competition when suddenly, the inn's door slams open and a man yells "A star is falling!". Light flashes through the windows and the earth quakes… Legends say fallen stars sometimes bring artifacts.
How to prepare
We will use Discord & Roll 20. 1) Once invited to the Roll20 game, fill in your character sheet before Feb 13. 2) Know your character abilities. 3) If you provide character art, I will make you a token
What I provide
Roll 20 Pro with dynamic lighting on Maps If you provide character art, I will make you a token
- Being a oneshot, the game will take PCs from the town of Talisar to the fallen star through a series of encounters. - I design encounters to challenge the party; not to kill the PCs. However, the risk of death is central to D&D so I will not save your character from decisions or dice rolls. - I do a few voices, but am no voice actor. - I do not do "gotcha's" and I am flexible with rules. For example, if you use a spell for a social encounter and it has a 1 minute duration RAW, it will last long enough to serve your intent. - We'll avoid deep diving into rules during the session. I know the rules very well and follow apparent intent. I am happy to be corrected when I'm wrong, but I do not wish to be doubted if you are not 100% sure of the rule at play. - Please know your character's abilities. In combat, you will have roughly 30 seconds to play out your turn.
Safety tools used
How will character creation work
The following is a summary. Level 5, multiclassing permitted. Up too 500 gp of mundane gear 1 magical item of your choice from: DMG tables A or B or F XGtE tables "minor common" or "minor uncommon" or "major uncommon" Published WOTC materials unless discussed. The player characters are seasoned adventurers that know each other and are willing to seek out the fallen star. Full Character Creation Guide: https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-MQ7RdizG-IfNjNhAdUi
Players can expect
- Combat/Tactics: High
- Roleplay: Medium
- Puzzles: Low
- Experience Level: Intermediate
Find Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game Masters
Check out some of our GMs
Price per player-session
Browse Games by System
Tabletop Roleplaying Games Run by Game Masters
- Find a game to join solo or search for a professional game master for you and your friends/coworkers/family.
- Book your session and wait for the Game Master to approve you.
- If you don't have a blast with your first game, your next game is on us.